Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh, Happy Day

Ah, no I'm not pregnant, even though I have a really happy blog title. Trust me, if I ever get pregnant, the title will be WAYYY bigger and scream-y and CAP-y and...you get the idea.

I had a good day! And that is something to celebrate!

I'm not saying I have miserable days every day. But it's been a hard month..it really has been. I feel like I've had so much going on that every day that I'm NOT crying or upset or depressed(almost) is a victory. It hasn't even just been the PCOS..it's been that and personal issues, friend issues..just life I guess, but it has been rough.

I've had pretty good days, and ok days..but today I had a GOOD day. I don't even know if I know why. We had a delay at work, so I slept in. Then the kiddos were being super funny instead of super irritating for once (and on a Friday!). Then we had a bomb threat, which WAS a huge pain, but I was in a good mood so it was ok.

I had a parent meeting about a student that has been having some issues. I meet with problems like that as part of my job and I've seen this family a lot. I don't always get to interact with the families of my students, so it was nice to get to connect a little more. As I had the meeting, I just felt like I was making a difference that day, if only to one person. That's a big deal to me.

Then I went to dinner with a new friend, and it was wonderful too. I have plans to go to acupuncture with another friend tomorrow...I've felt lonely and tonight I felt..like the kind of person who is finally emerging from this cave of stress and pressure.

Maybe it'll just last tonight, maybe not. I don't care. Every day I can get above this is a victory, and tonight, I'm going to enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I feel that way too!
    When I have a good day I think to myself "good for you A"!
    Life slips by way too fast to be down in the dumps all the time!

    ReplyDelete