Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Round 2

So...tonight I start Clomid again. 
Some people don't have much of a reaction to Clomid. Sadly, I was not one of them. 

Provera gave me my first period in almost a year, so THAT was a super special treat. 


Then I started Clomid...*shudder*. I have Post Traumatic Clomid Syndrome. I had it all..night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings...I felt like I had ants in my veins..I pretty much wanted to just go in a corner and scream. After the first few days it got tolerable, but needless to say, I wasn't interested in Clomid again, especially since the only side effect I DIDN'T get was ovulation...
But alas, when I went to get the new prescription of the ovulation drug I'd be taking instead of Clomid, turns out it cost $200, instead of Clomid's $18. As we all know, insurance won't touch anything to do with infertility, so I didn't have much choice on that one. 

So I start it again tonight, and I'm not going to  lie, I'm worried. I felt crazzzzzy last time. I'm a teacher! I can't handle feeling crazy when the kids are driving me crazy!

But I'm going to do it, of course. And I'm going to try to not get my hopes up..then decide if it's worse to get my hopes up or not get my hopes up. But we all know I will..because some day I'll get them up and it will work..there will be a kiddo out there somewhere with my name on him/her, whether I give birth to it or not.

If the hot flashes don't kill me.

1 comment:

  1. Good to meet you Ashley and thanks for commenting on my blog today!

    Glad to have you on the crazy clomid train with us. Well...not really happy you are here, just more like a 'join the club' type thing.

    If there are so many women who have PCOS and are infertile like us, how come we know of no one? Weird.

    Anyhow, good luck and keep in touch!

    MissConception

    ReplyDelete